Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sugarcane Puzzler

I have a small length of sugar cane here right now, about two feet long, courtesy of a workmate whose family owns a small plantation... and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. So far, I'm playing with the idea of using half it in a stir-fry dish, and saving the other half and cutting it to little pieces and stick in the fridge, which we could chew on if we want something sweet...

But I've never worked with real, raw sugar cane before. Sugar, yes. As a comparison, it's like being given a live chicken when I'm trying to buy a pack of drumsticks from the grocery.

Hmm... Recipes, anyone...?

No comments:

 
All of the content that can be found on this blog is the property of the owner unless stated otherwise. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. Some rights reserved, Kristine Cacas, 2007.

Site design by Ian Lemuel Comandante.