Monday, September 11, 2006

Virtual Field Trip To Hatchin!

Many people have already asked me where I shop for my bento supplies and ingredients and I've always referred them to our favorite J-grocery, Hatchin. Ofcourse, stiff like vegetables and eggs are still bought at the local grocery, but items like nori, furikake, tonkatsu sauce and the like are from Hatchin. Then there's also the local malls that occassionally may or may not have what I'm looking for, but that's too much of a hit-and-miss thing to talk about.

Anyway, I've long been talking about taking pictures of the stuff they sell at Hatchin (such as Hello Kitty cheese), but it's only now that I actually got to do it.

So, go on and have a look!


Hatchin Entrance


Hatchin, perpetual provider of yummy croquettes and other pan-fried goodies! I like their set-up because it works like a deli. You just tell the person at the counter what you want and how many of it you want, then they take the tray out, take the food and place it in a styrofoam tray, wrap it in clingwrap and then print out and neatly stick a barcode/price sticker on your item.






Hatchin and the house/kitchenware that they have for sale. They have a collection of chopsticks (some with their own cases) to choose from, though I'm yet to find the 14cm chopsticks that I want (they fit under the lid of my Urara bento boxes). Their chopsticks range from 16.5cm to 21cm, and come in either plastic, melaware or wood.

They also have cute spoons and tin cups, tiny egg whisks, onigiri and musubi molds, heart-shaped microwavable egg molds, sushi grass and a whole bunch of other stuff that I forgot to take pictures of. I just got my first set of sauce containers from them the other day, actually... 6 fish-shaped ones with 6 square ones in a pack, all with pink caps for 60 pesos. ^_^ They also sell tiny pipettes separately (10 pesos) which can be used for filling the said containers.








Sauces, soy sauce, katsu sauce, etc. They have a variety of brands to choose from, too.


JUICE!!!


Their chilled display case with... pickles. :p And other stuff that you can add as a side dish or as garnish for your bento.


And now we move on to the cute things....

Hello Kitty and UltraMan cheese!!!!


Hello Kitty chahan flavoring!


Hello Kitty Macaroni!!


Hello Kitty and Doraemon (and some sentai team I don't recognize) Sausages!!


Hello Kitty Custard snacks!


More Hello Kitty snacks!


And Pikachu and AnPan Man make appearances too...


So there. In case you're in the area and you want to drop by, then here's the map:


I actually wanted to take more pictures since there was a whole bunch of other things that I wanted to show, but I got a little shy so I put my camera away. Hehe...

That's it for now.

No comments:

 
All of the content that can be found on this blog is the property of the owner unless stated otherwise. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. Some rights reserved, Kristine Cacas, 2007.

Site design by Ian Lemuel Comandante.