Thursday, September 07, 2006

Kani Omelette Bento

The last time that I was shopping at out favorite Japanese Grocery, they had freebies at the counter. I didn't exactly know what it was since all I could make out was the word "kani" on the box (not very good with Kanji...), and the fact that it expired in two weeks. So, I grabbed several boxes of the free Kani-things, and couple of days later, I decided to use it.

And it was yummy!!

Hehe... one thing I love about J-groceries is that when they go on sale, they REALLY go on sale. On top of that, they'd rather give away their goods rather than let it all expire and go to waste. ^_^

And our lunch for that day looked like this:






The bentos in the pictures show the omelette with a sprinkling of white sesame seeds, some cocktail hotdogs and flower marshmallows. The rice is topped with vegetable furikake. ^_^


Anyway, here's the thing that they were giving away that I used...





As far as I can make out from the illustrations on the box and my minimal Japanese, you first mix 3 eggs, 1/3 cups of water, and one of the flavor packets in the box. After mixing, you then cook these in a pan. Once the egg has been cooked, you then add the second flavor packet and 2/3 cups of water. Mix, and cook until all the liquid has evaporated and all you have are clumps of eggy goodness.

Well... I'm not sure if those were actually the instructions, but that was what I did anyway... ^_^;;

It was tasty. :D

No comments:

 
All of the content that can be found on this blog is the property of the owner unless stated otherwise. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. Some rights reserved, Kristine Cacas, 2007.

Site design by Ian Lemuel Comandante.